Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Last Post as Trainee

Dear Readers

Today, May 15, 2013, I cease to be a trainee and I take my oath of office as a Peace Corps volunteer. It is a really exciting time for me. Tomorrow I am going to spend a day in the capital with the other volunteers, and then Friday I grab my stuff from the hotel downtown and ME VOY!

I am so happy today. But oddly enough, in my last few days in Pantoja, I finally came to accept this place. A nice neighbor guy, being able to speak more with my family, and being more comfortable traveling in what passes for transportation here has all helped.

Two more days in the capital. Then off to my beach!

There's a lot to do and achieve there in conjunction with my partners in the community. Friends to meet, a library to restart, a sala de tarea to run. All is going to be challenging and beautiful.

Need to go.

Roman Wolf

No comments:

Post a Comment